Tuesday 15 December 2015

The Little Picturehouse Logo

For my Logo I didn't wanted to be over complicated, considering I am making a comedy/horror film I wanted the simplistic design to match the comedy side. I then used the wolf as an aspect of mystery and intrigue, at lot like the Tristar horse I wanted my wolf as a super natural being to portray a Mythical yet, realistic tone. Considering the name of the picture house I wanted the house to once again be the focus, but I put it around the horse, representing family and protection, which is what I associate with the wolf itself. The black and white is simple but alike the Warner Brothers design it can be easily adjusted dependent on which film genre is chosen.

For a more Horror type look I tried to get a realistic picture and play around with the contrasts and brightness. I wanted the highlights to be increasing lighter but with more tints of oranges and red, creating a bloody type look. Due to the fact that the film I would be making would have aspects of comedy in it, I wanted it to not feature a gory bloody wolf, but instead have snow on its mouth and nose creating a more lightened mood. I then blurred the background of the image creating mystery. I also made sure the writing was playful and bright to contrast the very dark image of the wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment